- Introduction: 00:00 - 00:31
- Describing the example used in this video: 00:32 - 01:05
- Building the Workflow step-by-step: 01:06 - 06:35
- Conclusion: 06:36 - 07:17
How do I create a workflow?
- Go to the “Dashboard” and click on “Toolbox”, then “Workflows”
- Click on “Create new Workflow” if this is the first workflow in your tenant or “Add New” if there are already some workflows.
- In the “Workflows settings'' panel enter the workflow name and optionally add a description. Then click on the “Add a Trigger” placeholder to add a trigger.
- Select trigger from the list and click on “Add”
- Enter the details in the panel on the right side then click on the “Add an Action”
- Select an Action from the list and click on ‘Add’
- Click on the action box and enter the details in the panel on the right side. You will see a green validation check mark if the action is updated correctly.
If information is missing you will see a red cross and the missing field will be highlighted in red.
Tip 1: To reference information from the previous steps, use Magic Variables from the panel on the left.
Tip 2: You will notice that some of the Magic Variables contain a question mark. This is because they may not be suitable for the field you are trying to fill in.
- Continue adding the workflow steps to capture the entire process.
- If you missed a step on the way, you can add it between already selected steps by clicking on the “+” button. However you will not be able to reorder steps. If this is needed, you will need to delete the unnecessary step and add it in another place in the process.
- While you are adding more steps to your workflow you will notice that the list of Magic Variables is expanding. This is to allow you to select more outputs from the preceding steps.
- Once you add all steps to your workflow, save it to validate the configuration.
- Once you validate the workflow and you are ready to start using it, activate it by changing the “Active” toggle
How do I edit a workflow?
- In order to edit your workflow, go to the Dashboard, click on "Toolbox" and select "Workflows"
- Then click on the workflow that you would like to edit
- Then follow the same steps as when creating a new workflow