Why are Chats changing?
We’ve been working hard to rebuild our Chat feature from the ground up. We decided to completely rebuild the feature in order to give us a solid foundation on which we can add an exciting new chat functionality.
What exactly is changing?
We are making lots of exciting changes which will improve the design as well as the functionality of Chats. Take a look at the new features that will be available as soon as you get the new version of Chats.
The new platform that we have built will allow us to continue to develop Chats much more efficiently, so we can more easily bring you new functionality in the future.
When will I get the new version of Chats?
Customers who have joined Beekeeper after January 31st 2022 will automatically be on Chats 2.0.
All other Beekeeper customers will be upgraded to Chats 2.0 between Q3 2022 (July - September). Prior to the Chats 2.0 upgrade process, all customers will receive an email notification with an upgrade date and time and a reminder banner in your Beekeeper Dashboard to help you prepare for the change. The Chats 2.0 upgrade will take place outside of the core office working hours.
Is any action required when my Chats are upgraded to Chats 2.0?
We expect the upgrade process to be seamless and your Beekeeper tenant performance will not be affected. However, we recommend you to take the following actions to ensure your team will be prepared for Chats 2.0:
Before the Chat 2.0 upgrade
- Inform your end users about the planned Chats 2.0 upgrade ahead of time. Introduce your team to the improved design and new features to get them excited about the upcoming changes. We prepared a ready-to-use resource that you can use for your internal communication.
- Plan your Campaigns and Surveys. Campaigns and Surveys sent to the “old” Chats 1.0 will not be able to collect responses after the Chats 2.0 Upgrade. Messages will still be visible to the users, but users will not be able to respond. If you’re planning on sending Campaigns or Surveys before the date of your Chats upgrade, you may want to consider postponing the launch of your Campaign or Survey until after your Chats 2.0 upgrade.
After the Chat 2.0 upgrade
- Refresh your web browser. After the Chats 2.0 upgrade is completed, every user will need to refresh their web browser (by clicking the refresh icon in the browser) or their Beekeeper mobile app (by closing and reopening the app) to access Chats 2.0.
- Change links to Chats in Shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or any other external resource. While your chat settings and history will be moved to Chats 2.0, Shortcut links leading to specific chats in the “old” Chats 1.0 will stop working and need to be manually updated with a new Chats 2.0 link.
3. Resend Campaigns and Surveys that were sent before the Chats 2.0 upgrade. If a Campaign or Survey was sent before the Chats 2.0 upgrade and you’re missing employee responses, this may be because Campaigns and Surveys sent to the “old” Chats 1.0 will not be able to collect responses after the Chats 2.0 upgrade has taken place. Messages will still be visible to the users, but users will not be able to respond.
Will my Chat history be moved to Chats 2.0?
Yes, all of your previous chat messages will be moved to Chats 2.0. Read receipts will not be transferred
I'm still not sure if I am on Chats 1.0 or Chats 2.0. How do I find out?
To check which version of Chats you are on, just take a look at the Beekeeper web app. If you see a one column layout in the Chats section, you are on Chats 1.0 If you see a two column layout in Chats, you are on Chats 2.0.
Two column layout in Chats 2.0:
One column layout in Chats 1.0: