This lesson will help you to explain to everyone in your organization what Beekeeper is, why you're implementing it and how it will benefit the business.
The rollout is when you first tell users about the Beekeeper platform and invite them to start using it.
Take some time to build a rollout strategy that will be impactful and effective in your organization.
Start with the Why
You are much more likely to achieve change and encourage users to adopt and engage with the platform if they understand the reasons why they should do that.
- What is the reason that you invested in the platform?
- What are you hoping to achieve as a business by using it?
- And perhaps most importantly… “what’s in it for me”, what are the benefits of using Beekeeper from the perspective of the end users?
- Another way to think about this: if you were telling a colleague what Beekeeper is and what it’s good for, what would you say in two sentences?
Examples of Why
- All relevant information you need for your job in one place
- Making sure every single employee is connected and aware of what is going on in our business
- Easier for you to connect with colleagues, both in this and other properties
- Saves you time by giving a quick and easy way to swap shifts
Move on to the How
Make sure it’s really clear and easy for employees to understand how to download and log in to the app - you could use our Quick Start Guide.
Make sure users know what they can do:
- Post story/share picture
- Recognize a colleague for great work
- Keep up to date
- Send chat message to colleague
Finally the What
Be open and transparent about what you would like the user to use the app for - and what not to use it for (without being too restrictive or prescriptive).
The next lesson will be ‘Rollout Success Factors’. See you there!