Workflows allow you to digitize and automate your common processes to boost efficiency. You can automate common requests, recurring tasks, and approval processes and move and transform data between systems.
You can build Workflows to match all of your internal processes, using a simple, intuitive interface in the Beekeeper Admin Dashboard.
Examples of how you could use Workflows
- Process PTO Requests
- Automatically gather availability for upcoming shifts
- Re-route Beekeeper messages as Maintenance, IT or HR tickets
- Store essential data for compliance purposes
- Workflows are available to all customers. The number of available workflows depends on the customer's Pricing Plan.
- The max. duration time of a Workflow is 100 days from the moment it is triggered. After this time the workflow will expire and any uncompleted action will fail. This means that all wait actions (i.e. create a task and wait for completion) within this workflow will need to be completed within 100 days.
- We're currently allowing a maximum of 100 actions per workflow execution. If your workflow is longer than that, please split it into separate ones.
- Permissions: Workflows are only available to the Global Admins and can only be set up on the Global level.
- Upload to Document Library step:
- File names need to be unique in order to upload files to the Document Library.
- In case a folder in the Document Library is limited to a group, Workflows Automation Bot needs to be added to this group.
- In case a folder in the Document Library is limited to a Location, it will not be possible to upload a document to this folder.
- Send an email step: The max. email size is 10MB.
- Time-based workflows: Recurring times are set in UTC timezone