Please check our corporate site if this feature is available in your subscription plan.
If you use Locations in Beekeeper, with multiple brands or locations and you want to ensure users can only find colleagues that are relevant to them, you can restrict their view of the User Directory to people in their own Group or Location. You can do this by simply turning on a Feature Flag in the Dashboard settings.
What does this apply to?
If you turn the Feature Flag on, the following features will be affected:
- User Directory
- List of users in a chat, except Bots
- Search results for users
- “@” user mentions, i.e. in Stream posts and comments
What does this not apply to?
When the Feature Flag is turned on, the following features will not be affected:
- The visibility of users in Streams. For example, if there is a Global company stream with all employees, then any user can click on somebody who has posted in the Stream to go to their profile.
- Any existing interactions. For example, a previously created Chat or Group Chat with people from outside a user’s Group or Location will still appear in their list of chats.
- Interactions created by users with wider permissions. For example, a Global Admin can create a Group Chat with two users who don’t see each other in the User Directory.
How do I turn the Feature Flag on?
- Go to the Dashboard
- Click 'Settings' in the menu on the left-hand side
- Click 'Feature Flags'
- Tick the box next to 'Location/group based visibility in User Directory and Chat'
- Click 'Save Feature Flags'
How does the change affect Admins?
There are no changes to how Admins see users in the Dashboard. They will continue to see employees in the User section of the Dashboard, according to their admin type:
- Global admins see everyone.
- Org unit admins will see everyone who is in any of the underlying org units and locations.
- Location admins see everyone in their Location.
- Group admins see everyone in their Group.
Important things to note
- Changes to the visibility in the user directory can take up to 24 hours to apply, but the change will usually be applied overnight.
- Between the time that you turn the feature flag on and the overnight update, if a user profile gets updated, that profile can appear more than once in the user directory, until the overnight update has taken place. No data is compromised.
- If a user profile gets updated via SAML within 24 hours following the update, the data may not be updated immediately, but will show after 24 hours.
- To minimise any disruption, we advise that you turn the feature flag on at the end of a working day.