Documents Lite Overview
Please note that this feature has been deprecated and may be relevant for some legacy Beekeeper plans only.
Documents Lite allows Admins to share five important documents with specific teams, departments, or locations, which end-users can access in the "More" tab on mobile or in the Toolbox on the web. Documents can be uploaded manually or synced from SharePoint with the SharePoint integration.
All customers have access to Documents Lite - this allows you to upload up to 5 files. If you would like access to the full Document Library, allowing you to upload more than 5 files and increasing your storage capacity considerably, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or reach out to email@example.com.
If you would like to disable Documents Lite, take a look at this article.
How to start using Documents Lite
- If you can't see the 'Toolbox' tab in your dashboard, ask your Customer Success Manager to activate it, or use the link below to submit your request.
- Go to your Dashboard and click 'Toolbox', then 'Document Library'
- If you haven't added any folders or documents yet, you will see this screen and you can select 'Create new folder' or 'Upload Document'.
- Click 'Create new folder'
- Name your folder and select the Locations and Groups that should have access to it.
If you wish to make the folder editable for admins in one or more of these Groups or Locations, switch the "Admins can edit" toggle to ON.
Save by clicking "Create New Folder".
It is possible to add sub-folders under each parent folder. However, the access and editing settings of the sub-folders are currently the same as for the parent.
- To create more folders or add documents, click the 'Add new' button.
- To share a link to a file or folder, click the cog icon next to the file or folder and click 'Copy link'.
How to upload documents:
- Click "Add new" and select the files you wish to upload from your computer, or drag and drop them into the upload window.
- Check the indicators to see the progress on uploading each file. You can choose to remove files from the upload window by clicking "x" on the right hand side of the item you wish to remove.
- Rename files directly in the upload window.
- Click on "add more files" to upload more files.
- Confirm upload by clicking "Upload All".
- It is possible to upload the following file types: pdf, jpg, gif, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, mp4.
- Each file should be maximum 10 MB and with Documents Lite, there is a maximum of five files.
- You can set access and editing rights only at the top level. All sub-folders and files underneath that level inherit the access and editing settings of their parent folder.
There is a handful of options to integrate SharePoint with Beekeeper. One of them is Marketplace Integration with the Document Library. More about it can be found in this article.