Shift Schedules enables all users to check their shift schedule in list or calendar format. The shift schedule is uploaded to Beekeeper through a pre-formatted excel file that you can download from the dashboard.
Shift schedules is still undergoing customer testing. If you’re interested in testing shift schedules, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Shift Schedules
Global and Group Admins have the ability to set up and manage Shift Schedules, by following these steps:
- Go to the Dashboard.
- Click 'Enablement' and then 'Shift Schedules'.
- Create a schedule by clicking on 'Add Team Folder'.
- Name the schedule and add groups and/or users who are part of the schedule.
- Click into the Schedule you've created.
- Click 'Download Excel Template'.
Or you can download a previous file that you've created by clicking into a team folder, then clicking the cog icon next to an existing schedule and clicking 'Download Shifts File'.
- Set the starting date for the template and the appropriate time zone for shifts, then click 'Create & Download'.
- Open the downloaded Excel template and click on the 'Shift Index' tab to define your shifts.
- Complete each of the rows:
- Title of the shift (we recommend shorter titles like AM, PM, OFF, VAC, etc.)
- Start and end time (if not set, the shift defaults to an all day event)
- Description (optionally include additional information about a shift)
- Return to the 'Schedule' tab and fill out shifts for users.
- If you like, you can add colours to shifts:
- Highlight all cells of the schedule.
- Click on 'Conditional Formatting'.
- Select 'Highlight Cell Rules' → 'Text that Contains' or 'Equal to'.
- Add the title of the shift.
- In the 'Format with' drop-down menu, click on 'Custom Format'.
- Select 'Fill' choose the color you would like all shifts with that title to have.
- To schedule multiple shifts on one day, duplicate the row with their name and add another shift on the same day.
- All shifts are connected to a user’s unique Beekeeper User ID, so you’ll need to make sure the information in column B (hidden in the template) is copied in addition to the user name. This will happen automatically when you duplicate the row.
Return to the Beekeeper Dashboard to Import Shifts, which will trigger a push notification to all members of your team whose schedules have been updated.
Viewing a Shift Schedule in the app
- Open the Beekeeper app on your phone
- Tap 'More' (in the bottom right corner)
Select 'Schedule' or 'Your Shifts' (this will vary by company)
You can view your shifts in a calendar view:
- Dots = multiple shifts
- Moon icon = overnight shift
- Click on a date to see the title, date and times of your shift
Or view your shifts in a list view:
To ask your shift manager for a schedule change, select 'Contact Shift Manager' to open the directory and search for your manager.
You can easily share a link to shifts - just use subdomain.beekeeper.io/shifts
Some interesting ways you could use this:
Send a campaign to your team with the link to shifts and ask them to confirm the campaign showing they’ve reviewed their shifts
Send out a survey with a link to shifts and ask your team questions related to their shifts or the upcoming schedule
Share the link in a group chat or post