The Documents feature allows Admins to share important documents with specific teams, departments or locations in an easy-to-navigate folder structure, which end-users can access in the "More" tab.
This is a new feature, which is still being tested and further developed. This Help Center article will be updated in due course as new functionalities are added.
How to set up your Document Library:
- If you can't see the 'Toolbox' tab in your dashboard, ask your Customer Success Manager to activate it, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order for your Document Library to appear in the 'More' section of the App, it needs to be set up as a Navigation Extension. Your Customer Success Manager or a member of the support team will do this for you. Make sure you don't delete this from the Navigation Extension section of the Dashboard. If you don't see your Document Library in the 'More' tab in the app, email email@example.com.
- Go to your Dashboard and click 'Toolbox', then 'Document Library'
- If you haven't added any folders or documents yet, you will see this screen and you can select 'Create new folder' or 'Upload Document'.
- Click 'Create new folder'
- Name your folder and select the Locations and Groups that should have access to it.
If you wish to make the folder editable for admins in one or more of these Groups or Locations, switch the "Admins can edit" toggle to ON.
Save by clicking "Create New Folder".
It is possible to add sub-folders under each parent folder. However, the access and editing settings of the sub-folders are currently the same as for the parent.
- To create more folders or add documents, click the 'Add new' button.
- To share a link to a file or folder, click the cog icon next to the file or folder and click 'Copy link'.
How to upload documents:
- Click "Add new" and select the files you wish to upload from your computer, or drag and drop them into the upload window.
- Check the indicators to see the progress on uploading each file. You can choose to remove files from the upload window by clicking "x" on the right hand side of the item you wish to remove.
- Rename files directly in the upload window.
- Click on "add more files" to upload more files.
- Confirm upload by clicking "Upload All".
- It is possible to upload the following file types: pdf, jpg, gif, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx.
Each file should be maximum 10 MB and there is a limit for all uploaded documents of 100 GB.
- You can set access and editing rights only at the top level. All sub-folders and files underneath that level inherit the access and editing settings of their parent folder.