Document Library Overview
The Document Library allows Admins to share important documents, files and videos with specific teams, departments or locations in an easy-to-navigate folder structure, which end-users can access in the "More" tab on mobile or in the Toolbox on web. Documents can be uploaded manually or synced from SharePoint with the SharePoint integration.
All customers have access to Documents Lite - this allows you to upload up to 5 files. Otherwise you may upgrade to Documents Premium, allowing you to upload any number of documents.
Customers on Documents Premium can upload every type of file up to 500MB. It is possible to upload the following file types: pdf, jpg, png, gif, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, mp4. For every 100 licenses, customers get 10 GB of storage on their Document Library.
Customers on Documents Lite can upload any type of file up to 10MB. The maximum storage capacity amounts to 50MB.
Please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to upgrade your licence.
If you would like to disable Documents Lite, take a look at this article.
How to set up your Document Library
- If you can't see the 'Toolbox' tab in your dashboard, ask your Customer Success Manager to activate it, or use the link below to submit your request.
- Go to your Dashboard and click 'Toolbox', then 'Document Library'
- If you haven't added any folders or documents yet, you will see this screen and you can select 'Create new folder' or 'Upload Document'.
- Click 'Create new folder'
- Name your folder and select the Locations and Groups that should have access to it.
If you wish to make the folder editable for admins in one or more of these Groups or Locations, switch the "Admins can edit" toggle to ON.
Save by clicking "Create New Folder".
It is possible to add sub-folders under each parent folder. However, the access and editing settings of the sub-folders are currently the same as for the parent.
- To create more folders or add documents, files or videos, click the 'Add new' button.
- To share a link to a file or folder, click the cog icon next to the file or folder and click 'Copy link'.
How to upload documents:
- Click "Add new" and select the files you wish to upload from your computer, or drag and drop them into the upload window.
- Check the indicators to see the progress on uploading each file. You can choose to remove files from the upload window by clicking "x" on the right hand side of the item you wish to remove.
- Rename files directly in the upload window.
- Click on "add more files" to upload more files.
- Confirm upload by clicking "Upload All".
- You can set access and editing rights only at the top level. All sub-folders and files underneath that level inherit the access and editing settings of their parent folder.
There is a handful of options to integrate SharePoint with Beekeeper. One of them is Marketplace Integration with the Document Library. More about it can be found in this article.