Surveys are a great tool to gather real-time feedback from employees in a simple way. Use surveys to send a questionnaire to employees and easily measure the results.
Set up your survey:
Step 1: Access the Dashboard
- Login to Beekeeper on a desktop computer
- Click the “speedometer” icon on the right-hand side of the top navigation bar to go to the Dashboard:
Step 2: Set up a new Survey
- Click the “Engagement” tab on the left, then the “Surveys” sub-tab
- Click the “+Add Survey” button
- Select locations and/or a groups you wish to target (If you select a location and a group, the Survey will be sent to all users in the location and all users in the group)
- Optionally select a segment to further refine the audience
- If you want, you can aLearn more about anonymized surveys.
- Name your Survey and choose if you want to send it from your account or the company account
Step 3: Write your introduction
- Write your message - use the placeholders, e.g. firstname to make it more personal
- Attach an image or video to draw people in or a document to provide further information (attachment size maximum 10mb)
- Click “Next”
Step 4: Add questions and save
- Click the “+” to add the first single choice question of your survey.
- Either choose a question with multiple choice answers or a free text answer.
- Type the question in the “Ask a question” box. If you've chosen multiple choice, press enter to type the first answer options in the “Add an option”. Press enter again to type your next answer option and continue until you have added all the answer options you need. Each question can have as many options as you want. Users will only be able to choose one option.
- Click “Save”
- You can change the order of the questions by clicking on the three lines to the left of the question (hamburger symbol) and dragging the question to the desired position
- To edit a question simply click on the question and the dialogue window reappears
- To delete a question, click on the trash bin symbol next to the question
- Write the final message of your survey - use the placeholders to make it more personal
- Click “Next”
Step 5: Review and send your Survey
- Choose if you want to send your Survey immediately or schedule it to be sent at a future date and time
- Click “Next” and review your Survey
- Click “Send Now” or “Schedule” or, to save it as a draft, click “Close” in the top right-hand corner, then “Save Changes”
Once the survey has been sent you will be able to see the results in the survey report. Click on the survey title to review the report. You can track how many users have received, opened, started it or completed it. You can also see how this data evolves over time.
If you choose to anonymize the survey, you will not be able to track individual responses or download the survey results (Read more about anonymized surveys here).
In the “Overview” tab you can see the performance of each question. Click on each question to see how many respondents replied to the question and which option they picked.
In the “Audience” tab you can see a breakdown of who opened and who completed the survey. For a more detailed analysis click on “Download Results” in the top right to download the survey results in an excel or CSV file.
Please note, if a user is deleted after the survey has been sent to them, this may cause the reported number of users who have responded to differ from the actual number of responses. This is because the deleted user will not be included in the report showing the total number of responses, however their response will still be available.