Creating user groups is the most effective way of segmenting your audience for targeted communication. User groups allow you to:
- Send a message to a particular segment of your organization
- Assign permissions to a stream by group
- Filter your analytics based on team, location, etc.
It is recommended you think about the different groups you need to sort employees into within your app ahead of time and create those groups before uploading new users. This allows you to easily assign users to groups through the Excel/CSV upload. If necessary, you can also manually assign users to groups one-by-one after the fact. There is no limit to how many groups one user can be a member of.
To create a new group:
- From the Dashboard, select the “Users & Groups” tab to the left
- Select the “Groups” subtab
- In the top right corner, click the “Create Group” button
- Fill in the name of the group and click the “Create Group” button
You will now see the new group within your Group list. From this list, you can edit the names of your groups, manage users for each group, or delete the groups as is necessary. To manage your groups, click the gear icon to the far-right-hand side of any group.
Best Practice: Assign Group Admin rights to managers and team leaders to allow them to send targeted messages to their own teams, as well as assist their direct reports with logging in.
Please Note: Be sure not to confuse groups with group chats. Members of a group are not automatically added to the group chat. If there is a need to add all users of a group to a group chat, please create a group chat and add users manually one by one.