You can either add and manage users one by one manually, or you have two other more automated options depending on which plan you are currently on (About the Beekeeper Plan Types).
Watch the video below to learn more about Users, Groups and options to create and update them.
This video will show you how to:
- Add, edit and invite a user
- Send login instructions
- Suspend a user
- Create a group and assign users to it
Add a new user manually
- Login to Beekeeper on a desktop computer
- Click the “speedometer” icon on the right-hand side of the top navigation bar to go to the Dashboard:
- Click the “Users” subtab to the left
- In the top right corner, click the “+ Add Users” button
- Select “+ Add a user” from the drop-down menu
- Fill in the user’s information
- Note: the username is automatically generated
- Add the user’s email and mobile number if you have it; this will allow you to send them a login invitation via email or SMS later
- Click the “Add User” button
Send Login Instructions
You can choose to send invites with login instructions to each user at the time when you create the user, or you can choose to send the invite later. Once you have created/uploaded all your user you also have the option to send Login Instructions in bulk to all users.
Send Login Instruction at the time of creating a single user
If you select “Download instructions” from the pop-up box, the app will produce a PDF file for you to print and provide to the new user with personalized login instructions.
If you select “Send login instructions” from the pop-up box, the user will receive an email or an SMS (as long as an email or mobile phone number was saved in their profile) with personalized login instructions. You can preview the message by selecting “Preview,” or write your own message in the editing template to the left.
Continue creating new users
If you select “Create another user” from the pop-up box, you will be given the option to add an additional user into the system.
If you select “Edit user” from the pop-up box, you will be brought to the new user’s full profile where you can fill out more information related to that employee.
If you select “Close” from the pop-up box, you will complete the process and the user list will display again where you can find the recently added employee. Click the “Created” header to sort the list accordingly.