BambooHR is an HRMS (Human Resources Management System) for small and medium-sized businesses to manage employee information and lifecycles.
Set Up API Credentials
Whenever you're adding an integration for your HRMS (sensitive data ahead!) best practice is to give that integration access only to information it needs (see below example). As a BambooHR administrator you can easily do this by setting up a Custom Access Level and then setting up a non-Employee User (e.g. Beekeeper Integration) for which you can then create an API Key by logging-in as that non-employee user and selecting API Keys from the Profile Picture drop-down in the top-right.
Please make sure that all fields you'd like to have in Beekeeper are on View Only in the custom access level you've setup in BambooHR.
From Beekeeper's side we require at least the following four attributes (View Only) from BambooHR to set up the integration.
- Employee #
- First Name
- Last Name
Finally, share the following information with your Customer Success Manager over a secure channel:
- Company ID: the name ID of your company in BambooHR - it can be found in the URL
- API token: a valid API key, which can be found under User > API Keys
Running a Full Sync
As the scheduled integration will only pull new and updated users, sometimes (after adding new locations or groups) you may want to run a full sync on all of the data in the platform. This can be accomplished by following the steps below:
1. Go to the Marketplace page underneath Extensions in the dashboard.
2. Once here, click on Requested / Installed and search for the BambooHR app. Open the app and click on the Configuration tab at the top.
3. Here you can initiate a new full sync by clicking Re-Import All Data. It will then ask you to confirm your request, and your import will begin.
Please note that full syncs can take variable amounts of time depending on the number of employees you wish to sync. It is not advisable to do this often.
For any question please reach out to email@example.com.