A Chromebit is a dongle that runs Google's Chrome OS operating system. When placed in the HDMI port of a television or a monitor, the Chromebit turns that display into a personal computer. This allows you to display Slideshows from Beekeeper on the display.
Ordering a Chromebit
To request a Chromebit, get in touch with your CSM and provide the following information:
- WiFi network credentials (more than one Wifi can be set)
- Network Name (SSID)
- Shipping address
- Billing e-mail address
Your Customer Success Manager will let you know the cost for the Chromebit and the setup.
Installing your Chromebit
We will configure your Chromebit before we send it to you. When you receive it, follow these steps:
- Connect the Chromebit to power via the provided cable.
- Connect Chromebit to the desired screen via the HDMI slot.
- Select the HDMI input on the screen.
- Enjoy your slideshow!
Editing your Chromebit settings
- Go to the Beekeeper Dashboard
- Click 'Engagement'
- Click 'Devices'
- Click on the gear to get to 'Edit'
- Adjust the following settings:
- Enter the location of the screen under "Location
- At "URL" copy in the url of the desired slideshow