You can upload up to 50 images, videos or GIFs and up to 8 documents in each post, either from your mobile phone or desktop. (Please note - you can only upload documents to Streams using the web app)
Here's how you do it:
- Compose your post
- Attach an image or video by clicking on "Photo / Video" at the bottom of the compose box and select a file to upload
- Once the upload is completed, click on the button to create the post
Note: Once the post is created, attached videos are processed to enable optimal playback on all devices. The post is grayed out and only visible to you during this stage. When the processing is finished, the post gets published automatically and you will get a notification. If you add a video to an existing post, the post stays visible and the video will show "processing" until video processing is finished.
- Images: 10 MB
- Documents: 250 MB
- GIFs: 5 MB
- Global Admins and Stream Admins: 2 GB
- Everyone else: 500 MB
Note: GIFs which are larger than 5MB will not not show any animation/movement and will appear as a photo.
Beekeeper will attempt to crop an image to a square based on the shortest dimension of the photo, whether that is the height or the width. If you do not want your image to be cropped, please upload a square format.
Images with a higher resolution than 700 x 700 pixels work best.
We support many popular video formats such as MP4, MOV and AVI. If you're unsure if your video format is supported, don't hesitate to try it out. MP4 files using H.264 video and AAC audio will be supported in most cases.
To enable optimal playback and compatibility on all devices, we process the uploaded video and store it in multiple variants. As long your video can be processed, everybody who can see the video will be able to play it.
Summary of facts for each media category
- Up to 50 images can be uploaded per post.
- Can be uploaded from mobile or desktop app
- Maximum size per image: 10 MB
- GIF images: maximum size 5 MB (note: if it is larger, it will not be displayed as an animation, but only as a photo).
- Format: jpg or png
- Crop: square
If other format is uploaded: automatically cropped to a square (base: shortest side of the photo).
Images with higher resolution than 700 x 700 pixels produce the best quality.
- Up to 50 videos can be uploaded in single post
- Can be uploaded from mobile or web (desktop) app
- Maximum size per video: 500 MB
- Common video formats like MP4, MOV and AVI
- Videos are always displayed square as well. For mobile viewing, film in square if possible. If this feature is not available, film in portrait format or in landscape format with "space" on the right and left for square output.
- Prefer short videos.
- Thumbnails are created automatically (videos take minute 00:00:00 as still image).
- Up to 50 documents can be uploaded per contribution.
- Upload only possible via web (desktop) app
- Maximum size per document: 250 MB
- Format: pdf or Word