Important note: we have recently renamed Navigation Extensions to Shortcuts.
This article will show you how to embed third-party systems or link relevant documents, such as safety regulations or the company handbook, into your Beekeeper app.
Beekeeper's Shortcuts contain customized shortcuts to any relevant websites or documents, empowering your colleagues by providing them with continuous access to the most important tools they need, all in one place. You can also customize these links to a particular department or group of coworkers by restricting access to individual sections of the Shortcuts.
Setting Up Shortcuts
To access the settings for your Shortcuts:
- Login to Beekeeper on a desktop computer and go to the Dashboard
- Click the “Toolbox” tab on the left
- Select the “Shortcuts” subtab.
Sections are how you organize your Shortcuts and must be added first so that subsequent extensions can be assigned to each section.
To add your first section:
- In the top right corner, click the “Add” button and select “Add Section”
- Give your section a title
- If you would like to limit this section to a particular user group, select the group under the “Permissions” section
- Save your section
- Add any additional sections you might need, such as “Onboarding,” “Product Information,” “Training Materials,” or “Human Resources”
Shortcuts are the shortcuts to key websites or documents you would like to make available to your colleagues.
To add shortcuts:
- In the top right corner, click the “Add” button and select “Add Shortcut”
- Assign the shortcut to a section
- Upload an image to use as the shortcut icon (this can be any image saved to your computer, but we recommend choosing an icon from our Beekeeper extensions icon set; these are optimized for screens and offer an accessible experience for all users)
- Give your shortcut a title
- Choose the shortcut type:
- NOTE: if you find the link does not work, you most likely need to add “https://” to the start of the URL
- If the type is a link: Copy and paste the URL into the text bar
- If the type is a file: Upload the file from your computer
Both sections and shortcuts can be rearranged in the Shortcuts dashboard. To reorder a shortcut or section, simply click on the menu icon to the left of the shortcut or section and drag it to a new location in the list.
Viewing Shortcuts on the web app
Viewing Shortcuts on your mobile
Click 'More' to view Shortcuts on your mobile.
Commonly Used Shortcuts
- Company information
- Product information
- Standard operating procedures
- Onboarding Material
- Employee handbooks
- Emergency processes
- Career pages
- Social media channels
- Payroll portal
- External storage tools
- Company dress code
- Benefits information
- Employee perks
- Cafeteria Menu
- Events calendar
- Learning management system
- Sales information
- Submission for PTO
How to display Shortcuts directly in the app
If you would like that a shortcut with a URL to another website opens directly in our app and not on the web browser, it can be set up in the Shortcut settings.
Simply click on the "Edit Json" button and change the "in_app" command to true.
It will work both for Android and iOS. The web app stays the same and a separate tab/window opens for the shortcut.