Marketplace app integration
User management apps have the goal to automatise the user synchronisation between your HRMS (Human Resources Management System: i.e., Workday, ADP, Azure AD, Bamboo HR, etc.) and Beekeeper regularly.
The apps allow you to keep your user data up to date at a cadence which suits your business, while making use of all the functionality of a marketplace app synchronisation, including:
- Creating users
- Updating existing users
- Managing group membership
- Managing Location membership (If you have Locations in your tenant)
- Automatically activating or suspending users
In addition, user management apps from the Beekeeper Marketplace have the following benefits:
- It's fully automated: the sync runs every hour, half hour, day, as required.
- You don't need to manage any infrastructure; all we need is a service account and your desired mappings.
- You can map fields directly (e.g. jobTitle -> position), or transform them (‘CSM’ -> ‘Customer Success Manager’)
- You can map users to groups based on fields like location or department
- You can filter users, e.g. only sync users from a certain location, department or custom rules.
How does it work?
All the user management apps share the same design fundamentals. The synchronisation process occurs in two main steps:
- Fetching the users from the HRMS with limited access credentials provided by the HRMS administrator. This process includes fetching users with particular characteristics or all of them.
- The desired set of users are mapped securely in our cloud and loaded in the Beekeeper tenant as an import in your admin dashboard. This allows global admins to see the details of the information updated from the users. At the end of the import, the users are updated.
This process can be configured to trigger as often as required - hourly, daily, weekly etc.
To set up a user management app, reach out to your Customer Success Manager, who can guide you through the process of configuring it.
Each user management app requires a different set of credentials to configure. You can find these requirements in the sections below.
- ADP (Workforce Now or Vantage products only)
- User Management Azure AD
- REST API
- SAP SuccessFactors (SF)
Is the information in my HRMS updated if I change information in Beekeeper?
No, the user management apps are not capable of modifying information in your HRMS. They only read the users and update them in Beekeeper.
Can I fetch a particular set of users from my HRMS?
Yes, you can use the profile fields that you have set to filter users from your HMRS. For example, if you have set an 'age' profile field, you could fetch all users within a certain age range.
Can Beekeeper see all the information from my HRMS such as: salaries, schedules etc.?
No, the credentials provided by your HRMS administration normally do not include those privileges and in the exceptional case that this is granted. Our system is not designed to fetch that information. Your data is safe and you always have control of the data visibility from your HRMS.
Can you modify the criteria to suspend users, for example, suspend users who are on vacation?
No, we designed our applications based on the HRMS providers requirements and we suspend users based on their account status. There is only one exception case with SAP Success Factors (SF), where the users are suspended by the termination day of their contract.