Streams are newsfeeds that users can post content and announcements to. They can be set up by topic or by your company structure, e.g. by department or team. This makes it easier for users to understand where to post information or find content in the relevant newsfeed.
Streams can be public and accessible by all users, or you can restrict access to each stream to ensure only certain users can share and see content in that stream.
This video will show you how to:
- Create a new stream
- Customize the stream settings
- Manage permissions
- Review the stream's analytics
While there is no limit to the number of streams you can create, it is recommended to start with one or two streams and expand over time as needed. This is because it is important to keep enough new content coming into each stream to keep users interested and coming back for more. If you find you have a lot of posts coming in related to a particular team or topic, you can always create a separate stream specific for those posts later on.
To add a new stream:
- From the Dashboard, click the “Streams” tab
- Click the “Streams” subtab
- In the top right corner, click the “+ Add stream” button
- Type in the name of your stream and click “Add stream”
Next you need to set up permissions and activate the new stream, so users can see it:
- From the list of streams, click on the name of your new stream
- Best Practice: add a description to prompt users on how to use the stream. Always add a cover image so the app looks professional and aesthetically pleasing
- At the top of the page, click the “Permissions” tab
- Under the “Group Permissions” section, add a group to give multiple users access at once
- Under the “Individual Permissions” section, add users’ names to give access to one person at a time
- At the top of the page, click on the “General” tab
- In the top right corner, click the “Click to activate” button to make the stream visible to all users with permissions to that stream
Cover image format:
- Allowed file types: .jpeg / .png
- Max. size: 10MB
- To make sure your Stream Cover Image looks great on every device, the image should be be 750x400 px. On some devices, some cropping will occur, so make sure the most important part of the image is in "safe zone" - that is 750x204 px. The "safe zone" is what's displayed in the web app.