Since multiple persons can be involved with the execution of a tasks, the task details view provides a “History” section containing the details of the changes that occurred on such a task.
The history will report for all events who did the change, what changed, and when the change happened.
At the moment you can find the following events and information:
- Task creation: when a task is created, an entry will be present describing who created the task and when
- Task edit: when a task is updated, an entry will capture this, reporting who edited the task and when
- Task assignee changed: when the assignee of a task changes, an entry will be present with the details of who made the change, who is the new assignee, and when it happened
- Task status changed: when a task status changes, an entry will be shown describing who made the change, when it happened, and what the new task status is. Task status might change as a consequence of other actions taken by a user (e.g. starting to fill in an embedded form or completing a subtask move the status to “In Progress”), in this case, to indicate that the status change was an automatic transition performed by the system, there will be no information regarding who made the change and the avatar will be the generic task icon
- Task claimed: when an Open Task is claimed by a team member, an entry will be shown capturing the details of who claimed the task and when it happened
- Subtask events: when a subtask is created/edited/claimed/changes status, an entry will be shown informing about the details in the related tasks events; for the subtasks, the name of the task the event applies to will be shown
The task history currently shows only the last 20 events that occurred on a task.