With this new feature, managers can now add notes to employee tasks and export key information into PDF exports, improving visibility and documentation. This note can easily be added when approving or rejecting a request, and can easily be found on the task as seen below:
This guide will show you how to make notes visible within the PDF exports of a form so you can have them for your records.
- Go to the dashboard and navigate to the "Workflows" section.
- Go to the workflow where you requested an approval through one of the “Send a Request” actions - "Send Request and Wait for Approval" or "Send Request and Branch on Approval Status".
- After the “Send Request ...” action, add another step. Choose the “Convert Form Submission to a PDF” action.
- In the side panel of the PDF conversion action, you'll find various settings and options. To make the approval note visible, make sure to insert the “Approvers” magic variable into the “Approver Profile Data” field. The "Approvers" magic variable will automatically populate the following information:
- Approvers' names
- Request status (whether it's approved or rejected)
- The note or explanation provided by the manager
Finally, test the workflow to ensure that the note or explanation is correctly displayed in the PDF export. You will see the approval note displayed on the top right of the document.